
GOP Candidates Debate in South Carolina, but Look Ahead
Nothing on the debate stage in this first-in-the-South primary state seemed to change the dynamics of the race for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday evening.
However, that is not to say we didn't learn things about the current state of play. Arizona Sen. John McCain and Mitt Romney are focused on their New Hampshire rematch coming up in Michigan. Fred Thompson and Mike Huckabee are in a battle for Southern champ in South Carolina. And Rudolph Giuliani sees McCain as a potential threat.
[...]
Huckabee used what has now become a frequent retort whenever he is attacked. "If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target. I'm catching the flak, I must be over the target," Huckabee quipped.
This article is the perfect example of exactly how mean politics can get. Personally I don't think that verbally attacking another persons character is what should determine someone to be the leader of our country. True or not, the statements that were made were not exactly necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment